We are seeking both a Full Time and a Part Time ICE TECHNICIAN on contract from September 1st to April 30th each year. With up to 24 weekly draws and several bonspiels, the Ice Technician is responsible for installing, preparing, and maintaining 8 sheets of curling ice for the entire curling season.
Reporting to the Club Manager and supported by a team of ice volunteers, the successful candidate will provide high quality playing conditions for both regular league play and bonspiels. The Full Time position schedule consists of working 8 am to 5 pm weekdays with a 1 hr lunch break, while the Part Time position schedule will also include evening and weekends in addition to some weekday duties.
- Conduct annual start up activities including ice, hack, painting, rings, and in-ice logo installation.
- Day-to-day ice operations ensuring high quality and safe playing conditions.
- Maintain positive cooperative working relationships with Club Manager, Board of Directors, ice volunteers, and all members.
- Schedule and implement weekly ice maintenance including daily mopping, scraping, pebbling, and nipping before regular league play and as required for bonspiels and other events.
- Schedule and implement leveling floods two to three times in a season.
- Willingness to accommodate practice times and draw changes as required.
- Cleaning and maintaining the Ice Shed i.e. Vacuuming carpets, cleaning curling rocks.
- Daily equipment maintenance and record keeping including ice plant operating conditions.
- Training of ice volunteers.
- Removal of ice, proper storage of rocks, rings, logos, and equipment, end of season facility clean up.
- No experience is required, however Level 1 Ice Technician Certification is an asset. If not certified we will send person to next available course to obtain certification.
- Independent, ability to work with minimum direction.
- Working knowledge of ice plant control systems (training will be provided).
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality excellence.
- Self-motivated and a positive attitude.
- Weekly compensation based on an hourly rate of approximately $18/hr.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and Ice Technician Certification achieved.
Please apply using the form below. Include your qualifications either in the message or by uploading your resume as a PDF.